About Cara Starr
I am often asked why I pursued hairdressing. The answer is always the same - I wanted a way to make an immediate, positive impact on the world around me. There is this great quote by Diane von Furstenburg which says “I didn’t always know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the kind of woman I wanted to be.” I definitely relate to that. I knew I wanted to connect with people on a real level of some sort. I wanted people to feel encouraged after spending time with me. It was just a matter of finding the right platform.
Hairdressing has changed me more than I have changed the people who sit in my chair. When you take away all of the things that don’t matter, what’s left, for me anyway, are the connections we make. And I am rich beyond dollars or material things, because I have relationships that I wouldn’t have any other way. I’m so lucky to do this very simple thing, that makes me feel so connected to humankind. I may not be a rocket-scientist, but I never was very good at math. I’m good at love and funny and crying and advice - I’m pretty decent at haircutting. All that combined gives me everything I ever set out to achieve, and then some.
I provide haircuts, as well as permanent and demi-permanent haircolor, balayage, highlights, lowlights, grey coverage, and more. I am certified in smoothing treatments and hair extensions.
But most of all, I specialize in giving you a great salon experience, where you leave feeling heard, valued and better than when you came in.
- Going to the salon is a special thing - a very personal event. I take the time to listen to you and work with you to find the best style to suit your needs and your lifestyle.
- I believe in creating beautiful looks while maintaining the health of your hair.
- I believe in using quality products which are kind to our furry friends, and our planet.
- I enjoy helping you learn which products are best to use at home and if you need some help learning to curl your hair, I want to help with that too.
- I like to laugh, I like to hear about your day, and I want you to leave feeling refreshed and confident. My goal is to give you an awesome experience.